A Cozy Nook to Read In  Book Vignette

A     B O O K L O V E R S '     P L A C E


Books, books, books!
Is there anything better than losing yourself in a good book,
whether fluffy novel or scholarly tome?
This blog is for long and short reviews of books read,
essays about book series, memories of books,
quotations, and anything else with a literary bent.
 

23 July 2009

Oooh, Kewl!

As I've mentioned before, I was recruited for Amazon "Vine," where you get to preview books and other products.

On the third Thursday of every month you get a newsletter with offerings tailored to what you have ordered on Amazon and what you have reviewed. Sometimes I really hate it, because you don't get all the books up front. You can pick up to two books.

A week later you get another newsletter with all the books that were offered, what is left of them, anyway, and you can pick two more.

Last week I got a really cool mystery set in England during World War I. I almost ordered a novel about 1915 Niagara Falls, but decided against it.

Today the combined newsletter came and I was going to order a rather fascinating looking book about Warren Harding's affair with a woman who was later a German spy during World War I and a book about Louis Howe, FDR's advisor, when on second glance I noticed the upcoming Lady Emily book, Tears of Pearl, was one of the books! I had just finished A Fatal Waltz, the last book. So I got that instead of the Howe book, although I usually snap up Roosevelt books. The Harding book sounded more intriguing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home