A Cozy Nook to Read In  Book Vignette

A     B O O K L O V E R S '     P L A C E


Books, books, books!
Is there anything better than losing yourself in a good book,
whether fluffy novel or scholarly tome?
This blog is for long and short reviews of books read,
essays about book series, memories of books,
quotations, and anything else with a literary bent.
 

05 November 2008

Vacation Books

I always find books, no matter where. These are books I picked up at the Book Warehouse in Pigeon Forge, TN:

Shadows in the White City, Robert Walker: 1893 Chicago-set detective story (second in series; haven't read the first).

The Avion My Uncle Flew, Cyrus Walker: originally published in 1946, now in a Puffin edition, young-adult novel about an American boy overseas in postwar France.

The Adventures of Tintin, Volume 1, Hergé: Would you believe I've never read any Tintin? This is a compilation of three different stories.

Crusader Nation, David Traxel: the US between 1898 and 1920.

The other two books I bought were gifts. My order from Hamilton Books also came while we were gone. Again, two of the books were gifts, but I also bought a volume called Cross Stitch Greeting Cards (for only $3!) and A Great and Godly Adventure: The Pilgrims and the Myth of the First Thanksgiving by Godfrey Hodgson.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home